“Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better. ”
– Martin Luther King, Jr., (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968). Humanitarian, Activist, Baptist Minister, Civil Rights Leader. Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (1964), Presidential Medal of Freedom (1977) and the Congressional Gold Medal (2004).
“We can write things down, journal, chant etc., but the real connection comes when we believe in our intentions and in our inner power to make things happen.”
– Michael Carbaugh, Founder of Sandoval.
“In a sport like this—hard work, not much glory, but still popular in every century—well, there must be some beauty which ordinary men can’t see, but extraordinary men do.”
– George Yeoman Pocock (March 23, 1891 – March 19, 1976), Premier designer and builder of of racing shells, inducted into the USRowing Hall of Fame, 1977 inducted into the Washington State Sports Hall of Fame, 2015.
“People want to be able to get in and out of the machine fast, and they don’t buckle their feet in tight enough, and that’s a huge issue. You’re then ‘gripping’ with your hip flexors and flexing your feet.”
– Joselynne Boschen, Nike master trainer and owner of Alpha Sport East, Towaco, New Jersey.
“It is useless to put on your brakes when you’re upside down.”
-Paul Newman (January 26, 1925-September 26, 2008), actor, director, producer, race car driver, IndyCar owner, entrepreneur, philanthropist, Academy Award (The Color of Money 1986), BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Cannes Film Festival Award and Emmy Award recipient.
Make the most of the power you have, go out and vote!
“To build a winning crew, select the right athletes, place them in proper seats, and allow for the freedom to create. In other words, hire the right people for the right jobs and manage with a loose leash.”
– Craig Lambert, Journalist, Author and Rower, Mind Over Water: Lessons In the Art of Rowing.
“All I have to do is get on base. The guys behind me make my job easier.”
“It was amazing just to know I contributed at some point. These guys picked up all the slack that I left. That’s what a team does” (2018 World Series sixth-inning home run after going 0-for-7 in Game 3).
-Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox Outfielder; All-Star 2016, 2017, 2018; Silver Slugger Award, 2016; Gold Glove Award, 2016, 2017; American League Batting Champion 2018.
“If we don’t get it done, we’re not going to throw another pitch for four months, and everything we did the entire year is over. So I’d much rather throw the s— out of my arm now and have it feel s—-y for three months with a ring on my hand then hem and haw about if I’m good to go and sit there feeling good the entire offseason. This is it. This is do or die.”
-Rick Porcello, (Frederick Alfred Porcello), Boston Red Sox Major League Baseball pitcher, Cy Young Award Winner.
For freshwater fishing spots near Boston check HERE.
“Anything is possible… I’m ready to start the adventure.”
-Jackie Bradley, Jr., Center Fielder, Boston Red Sox
“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
– Christopher Columbus